Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
The well-being of our guests, team members, and our community are our highest priority.
We want to assure you that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely and are making every possible effort to keep you informed. We aim to provide the level of comfort and service that you need to confidently travel, plan, and manage your booking during these unprecedented circumstances.
To promote the health and safety of our guests, team members and community, Dakota Dunes Resort requires all guests, team members and vendors to wear a face mask or appropriate face covering in all public areas including lobby, elevators and hallways, restaurant and bar (except while people are eating or drinking) and the fitness centre. This is in accordance with recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Children under two are exempt, as well as children aged two to four when their caregiver cannot get them to wear a mask. People with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask are exempt. People are asked to use their own masks.
Amenities and services at our hotel
Following provincial regulations, and with health and safety as our top priority, the following services will be open, with modifications:
- Pool: capacity has been reduced
- Contactless Room Service: your order will be left outside your guestroom
- Restaurant: open from 6:00 am to 10:00 am and 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Gift shop
- VLT Machines: personal protective barriers have been installed
- Elevators: limited to 1 family unit at a time
We know this is inconvenient and is contrary to our desire to do whatever we can to make your stay comfortable and easy, but we hope that this action will help flatten the curve, and keep you safe.
We continue to closely monitor the Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID‐19) cases and follow guidance from these agencies, our government and local health departments.
Our Cancellation Policy
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e. Booking.com, Expedia), please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with our customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotel is actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking.